Saturday 2 August 2014

Review: NEW Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains

Hello,
 
I've been waiting for these new releases from Revlon to arrive in the UK for ages now, and the other day when I heard that they'd been launched in Superdrug I couldn't wait to get my hands on them!
 
 

I decided to pick up two colours, Parisian Passion and Miami Fever, and the names follow the tradition of the whole collection by being named after famous cities and countries.
Parisian Passion is a beautiful deep plum colour, which can be seen through the sleekly designed packaging too. Then, I picked out Miami Fever as a neon orange isn't one I own in my collection.
 

The applicator is brilliant, with a large doe foot making it quick and easy to apply to your lips. However, it's the formula of the product that I'm not sure about. Revlon have created quite a thin liquid, which is likely to with the fact they are meant to be moisturising too. This therefore means that the pigmentation isn't as brilliant as other similar products on the market, such as the L'Oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss. 


My personal favourite of the two shades I've bought is the plum shade, Parisian Passion as it much easier to build up the colour and shine after a couple of coats.

In terms of the 'Gloss Factor', they do have a high shine which lasts up to about an hour before it leaves a stain on the lips. There is a brilliant range of colours, and at £7.99 price tag it is a reasonable deal for the product you receive. The packaging is also well designed, making them stand out amongst competitors on the High Street.

Overall, I would recommend these but definitely in the bolder colours rather than the nudes. There is a great deal of hype around their arrival in the UK, but I wouldn't expect too much if you're rushing to the shops to try them!

What do you think about the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains?

Sophia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment