Saturday 25 July 2015

The Venice City Break

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I got back from a lovely five day trip to Venice with my boyfriend, Josh. It was absolutely beautiful, so I thought I'd share with you the best places to eat and visit in the amazing Italian city.





Where to: EAT

One thing is for sure, Venice is not short of places to grab something to eat! The whole town is filled with little restaurants and cafes, all serving the typical Italian menu. However, there were a few that I think stood out when we were there.

1) Pizzeria Vittoria
This little restaurant is situated just across the main (and only) station in Venice. It served the best spaghetti carbonara I have ever eaten, and at such a reasonable price too!



2) Ristorante Roma
This hands down has to be my favourite place we ate in Italy, and this is purely down to the view. Ristorante Roma is situated right on the main canal, and the views from your dinner table couldn't be more beautiful and romantic.


Not to forget all the delicious gelato, which was amazing everywhere we went!


Where to: VISIT

1) Burano
Burano is little fishing island just a boat ride away from mainland Venice. It is literally the most instagram-ble place you could imagine! All the houses are different colours and it's just got such an authentic, stunning Italian feel.



2) Lido
Before we left, we had no idea that Venice had any beaches nearby. However, we ended up spending two days in an island called Lido relaxing in the 35c heat on the beach. It was busy, but so lovely to be able to escape the heat of the city.


3) The Rialto
Probably one of the more popular places to visit, the Rialto is absolutely mindblowing when you first see it. We decided to book a gondala trip here, and going around the small canals was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Although expensive, I would definitely recommend visiting the Rialto and going on the gondala at sunset.


Overall, I had one of the amazing trips of my life to Venice. It is without a doubt the prettiest city I have ever been lucky enough to visit, and I would love to see other parts of Italy after our break here.

Sophia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment