Friday 23 May 2014

Review: Sleek i-Divine Oh So Special Palette

Hello!
 
I was recently reading through and browsing a few blogs when I came across a few people talking about the new Sleek i-Divine Palettes. I'm a huge lover of Sleek blushes due to their great pigmentation, so I thought it was about time I tried out more products from the brand.
 
 
 

 
I decided to try out the 'Oh So Special' Palette as already have quite a few natural eyeshadows in my collection. On first look, this palette is great as it has a good mix of shimmers and matts in a beautiful range of pink and brown tones. They're described as being 'super pigmented' too!
 
 

However, I did find whilst using this palette to begin with, that the shades are nowhere near as pigmented as other shadows I have from more expensive brands such as Urban Decay or MAC.

In the picture to the left, you can see the shade 'The Mail' which I hoped would come out a lovely base shade for most eye looks, but to make it work it really does need to be built up with a few layers.

However, the darker shades such as 'Noir' and 'Wrapped Up' are super pigmented and work well when trying to achieve a smoky eye effect.

The shimmery shades are definitely better than the matt shades in this palette, and work so well when swept across the whole lid or just blended into the outer crease.

One look I would really recommend with this palette is 'Wrapped Up' applied to the lid as a base, and 'Celebrate' blended along the crease to define your eyes.
 
Overall, I would recommend this Sleek palette and I am enough of a fan to try the others in the range. Although they are not as 'super pigmented' as described they do an amazing job for the £7.99 price tag. So, if you're looking for a new palette but don't quite want to break the bank with the likes of Urban Decay, try out a Sleek i-Divine.
 
But personally, I think I will be sticking to my Naked palettes!
 
Can you recommend any high street eyeshadows?
 
Sophia xx
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment