Friday 2 May 2014

April Favourites

Hello!
 
I know everybody has been saying it, but seriously how fast has April gone by? I can't believe it! This means I've also had my blog a whole month now, and this is my first favourites post, how exciting!
 
Amongst my many shopping trips, I've discovered quite a few new products this month that I thought would be worth a mention...
 
 

Firstly, starting with my main bulk of my favourites, make up!
The first make up item I've been absolutely loving this month is the Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara, I've been searching for a new mascara for absolutely ages and this one has definitely won me over. It provides such good volume and length, I really think it's such a bargain at £7.99!
Next, I've been using the Sleek Brow Kit for a bit longer than a month, but it's my go-to brow item now. It's definitely a much cheaper dupe for the Benefit Brow Zing, and it doesn't budge after a long day of wear.
My favourite makeup brand of the month has definitely been Bourjois which my next two favourites come from. Firstly, the Bourjois Bronzing Powder has become my favourite bronzer for contouring of all time. It doesn't have a shimmer so it's perfect for building up cheek bones, and it smells of chocolate so what's not to love! If you've been reading some of my previous posts, you'll see that I have loved the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks, and my favourite shade is definitely a really bold red called Hot Pepper (swatches can be seen here). They are amazing, I can't say this enough but I feel everyone should have one of these in their makeup collection! They are such bold, matte colours and don't dry the lips at all.
The last makeup (sort of) nail varnish comes from Models Own, in the Beach Bag Polish for Tans. One of my previous posts (here) has an in depth review into all the different shades, but this one is 100% my favourite. It's such a lovely muted neon coral colour and I can't wait to wear it in spring.
 
Moving away from my makeup favourites now, I have a cleanser which I can't fault at all. The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is absolutely amazing at removing all forms of make up, and so quick and easy! At only £2.99 at Boots at the moment, I really would recommend trying it even if you're not sure, but I love it!
 
I  also have a hair favourite this month which is a bit of a rediscovery. The Mark Hill Sea Salt Spray is a product I loved last summer, but I've been trying to reduce the heat used on my hair so I thought I would buy it again and use it to enhance my natural waves. I think it does a great job without drying out your hair, so I will be using this into the summer months.
 
Lastly, my favourite perfume of the month was a gift for my birthday and it's the Marc Jacobs Dot scent. I think it's such a lovely floral scent which is perfect for the spring and summer months, I can't get enough of it!
 
 
Have you been loving any of these products too this month?
 
Sophia xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment