Wednesday 2 April 2014

Review: Foundation

Welcome everyone!

I'm new to this blogging life, but I've been wanting to start one for ages and I've finally given in and done it! I spend far too much of my money on trying new products, so I may as well give myself an excuse to ;)

I wasn't sure how to start this, but I thought I would start straight in and since I've bought a few new foundations recently it seemed fitting.

My skin tone is quite olive based, so I normally have to go for the medium shades. I haven't got particularly bad skin, but it tends to have days where it doesn't want to cooperate with me, so I chose to buy a selection of different foundations with different coverage levels.


The first one I decided to try out was the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade N5 Sand. I read saw reviews about this on YouTube and I thought I would give it a try since it claims to be 'Super-Blendable', I thought it would work well with my Real Techniques make-up brushes (which I thoroughly recommend!).

After using it for a while, I felt although it claims to match the colour and texture of your skin, I found it quite obvious when wearing it. Although it   does provide quite a good coverage, it does not last too long unless worn with a good primer and powder. I would recommend it, however it's vital you find the right shade for it to blend properly.


The second foundation I decided to pick up in Boots was the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 53 Light Beige. This foundation is wonderful. It's perfect for spring as the coverage isn't too heavy, and it just provides a smooth luminous appearance on the skin, which is needed in the mornings! It also smells amazing, but if you were looking for a more heavier coverage I would steer more towards the L'Oreal True Match, as although it provides a flawless complexion it doesn't cover all spots and blemishes, but if worn with a good concealer it would do the job.


The last foundation I decided to buy was the Revlon ColourStay 220 Natural Beige for Normal/Dry Skin. One great thing about these foundations is that they have different ranges for combination/oily and dry skin which is a useful thing to look out for. Similarly to the True Match foundation, this one has quite a good coverage however combines the Healthy Mix foundations luminous feel with it. I decided to wear this on a birthday night out, and it did last surprisingly well all night with only a quick powder touch up! I would definitely recommend it, and pricing at around £12.99, it's a good high street replacement for the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation, which retails at around £28.

Personally, my favourite of the three for everyday wear is definitely the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. It just provides such a radiant glow to the skin, and it keeps my skin hydrated rather than left feeling dull.
I hope this review was helpful and provides an idea of what I hope to write about in the future, hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon!

Sophia xx

2 comments: