Saturday 5 April 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag

Hello!

As I'm just starting up I thought it would be a good idea to do a 'What's In My Makeup Bag' this month post, so you can all see the basic products I like to use on a daily basis. I tend to be quite an impulse buyer and try out new things, but I have my staples which time and time again I come back to!


 

Foundation: As mentioned in my previous post, I'm currently using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Shade 53 - Light Beige. It provides such a nice healthy coverage, and is perfect for an everyday spring look.
Concealer: Along with many other people, I'm using the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, in shade Warm Medium. It provides an amazing lasting coverage, and I haven't quite found anything better yet!
Powder: My go-to powder is currently the Rimmel Stay Matte 004 Sandstorm. At only £3.99, it does a brilliant job of setting makeup all day with only having to touch it up now and again.
Bronzer: I haven't used The Body Shop Brush On Bronze for long, but for the past few weeks that I have I think it does the job considerably well. Although it's a bit more expensive than other high street bronzers at £14, it does last all day and works well for contouring!
Brow: I've recently discovered the Sleek Brow Kit in Dark on my travels around Superdrug, and it is amazing. It's very similar to the Benefit Brow Zing, but at only £8.50 you can't go wrong!
Eyeliner: I've always been a fan of liquid eyeliner, and I'm using another The Body Shop product. It lasts all day long, and has quite a thin tip so works well for flicks.
Mascara: I first bought this L'Oreal Volume Million Waterproof Mascara before I went on holiday last summer, however it hasn't left my makeup bag since! It provides brilliant volume and doesn't smudge all day long, I would definitely recommend it!
Blusher: The blusher I'm currently using is the Sleek Coral Blusher, it's just such a good everyday colour to have and works well when contouring.
Lips: I decided to pick out my two favourite shades at the moment, and I went for the Revlon Colorburst Lip Lacquer Provocateur, in the swatches to the right you can see it provides such a red glossy finish and doesn't budge all night!
The Sleek Fuchsia True Colour Lipstick  is quite a bold colour, but it's just so nice I couldn't resist.
Lastly, Highlighter: This is quite a new buy, however it's quickly made its way into my beauty staples. The Topshop Glow Gleam Highlighter is amazing for the darker skintone as it's quite dark, but it works so well and it sits perfectly on the cheekbones.

So, I hope you've enjoyed finding out what I have in my makeup bag at the moment! I think it's important to have a set of beauty essentials to turn to when travelling and on the go, so this is what I've decided work best for me!

What do you keep in your makeup bag?

Sophia xxx


10 comments:

  1. Is the Sleek eyebrow kit good? I've heard it's like the Benefit browzings kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good!! And it's so much cheaper than the Benefit one, but I do find it doesn't last as well but is so worth the price x

      Delete
  2. Would you recommend the Topshop Glow Gleam Highlighter for someone with a fair skin tone or do you know of a better alternative perhaps? :)

    Lil x
    Lil Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite a dark shade so would colour rather than highlight on a light skintone, but I would say go for the Topshop Glow Highlighter in the shade Polish instead, it's much lighter and would work better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading these kind of posts I use that mascara as well! So good and not too pricey, would love if you could check out my blog! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good!! I love it :-) and ah I will do now x

      Delete
  5. Really like your blog so i have nominated you for the Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you that means so much!!! I've followed you on bloglovin x

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award :) the details are on my blog, http://ohsojem.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html#more xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jemma, I'll do this soon as!! xxx

      Delete