Friday 11 April 2014

Review: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Hello!


I am a loyal fan of the Real Techniques Make Up brushes, I've watched the Pixiwoo YouTube Channel since forever, and the brushes are such an amazing quality at a brilliant price. I can proudly announce I own every single one!

But, one thing I didn't own was the Miracle Complexion Sponge, and after discussing it with Jemma (ohsojem.blogspot.co.uk), I received for my birthday last week from her and Sarah! I was over the moon, and I've been waiting to share with you how I found using it.


The sponge describes itself to have three sides to it:




Flat edge - Contours around eyes & nose


Sides - Blend large areas of the face


Tip - Covers Imperfections






I decided to watch the video tutorial on the Real Techniques website as it recommends to on the packaging, and I then chose to pair it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (review here). As mentioned above the sponge has three different sides,  and it's said to achieve the best results when rinsed under cold water first and used slightly damp.

Although I'm a loyal makeup brush user rather than a sponge, I have to say I was really pleased with the results this sponge gave. It's such a good all round little tool to have, as you can literally use it for all your base products. I even used it to apply my powder with the rounded side and a little bit of cream blush, however I still think I would stick with my brushes for this processes.

Personally, I found the miracle sponge best for stippling foundation onto the face rather than apply my powder, blusher and concealer. Even though the sponge has the tip for covering small imperfections, I felt like it was too small for blending in the concealer properly. Also, when applying powder as the sponge is slightly damp from the foundation process it did not apply well onto the face.


 
 However, this aside I did absolutely love the finish it gave when applying your liquid foundation. In the picture above you can see it gave a good even application, and did blend the foundation well into the skin.

I definitely think I will use this sponge again for my foundation application, it was just so quick and easy and perfect for on the go! But, I will keep my blusher and powder brushes on me as it hasn't quite converted me on that front.


Have any of you tried the Miracle Complexion Sponge?


Sophia xxx

4 comments:

  1. I brought this sponge a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked back at my foundation brush since!!
    http://emsneverland.blogspot.co.uk/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like it but it's definitely better for just foundation application!!xx

      Delete
  2. Aww yay I'm glad you like it Sophia!! I really fancy trying one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do thank you again!! You so should, I reckon you'll love it! xx

      Delete